15-Minute Udon Noodle
September 8, 2017
: 5 min
: 10 min
: 15 min
An easy udon noodle recipe for a quick, tasty lunch.
- 400 grams Udon Noodles (or enough for 2 serves)
- 2 cups Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 ½ Tbsp Shiro (white) Miso paste
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin
- 1-inch (2 cm) Ginger Root (peeled & sliced into thin strips)
- 2 small Carrots (peeled & thinly sliced)
- 1 small Leek (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 Red Chiles (thinly sliced)
- 4 Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- Handful of Bean Sprouts
- ⅛ cup fresh Cilantro OR fresh Green Onions (chopped)
- Step 1 Set medium pot to medium-high heat. Add chicken broth, carrots, leeks, mushroom and ginger to uncovered pot for 5 min.
- Step 2 Stir in shiro miso paste, hoisin, and red chile (adjust amount for spiciness). Ensure the miso paste is broken up completely.
- Step 3 Gently incorporate the udon noodles in with the broth as to not tear them. When the noodles are completely unstuck, add in a handful of bean sprouts and cilantro (or green onions). Enjoy!