Crunchy Cilantro Slaw
May 24, 2017
: 10 min
: 5 min
: 15 min
This slaw goes well on top of chicken tacos, vegetarian refried bean and cheese tacos, or as a zesty side for your BBQ.
- 1 (200g) Bag of Coleslaw
- ¼ Head Red Cabbage (Thinly Chop)
- 1 ½ Cup Corn Kernels (about 1 can, rinsed)
- 1 ½ Cup Black Beans (about 1 can, rinsed)
- ¾ cup Sunflower Seeds (Pepitas)
- 1 Red Onion (Diced Small)
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro (Separate stems from leaves, Roughly Chop Leaves)
- 2 Jalapenos (seeds removed, Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- Water (for consistency)
- 4 Heaping Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 Avocado
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Tortilla Strips (preferably tri-colored)
- Step 1 In a blender, add 4 Heaping Tbsp Greek Yogurt, 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Avocado, 1 juiced Lime, 2 Whole Garlic Cloves, Cilantro Stems, and Water (for consistency). Blend until fully combined. Note: The dressing should be thick, so add the water a little at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste and put in refrigerator to chill.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, add Coleslaw, Chopped Red Cabbage, Corn Kernels, Black Beans, Sunflower Seeds, Chopped Red Onion, 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves, Chopped Cilantro Leaves, and Jalapenos
- Step 3 Stir Together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Note: Do not under salt.
- Step 4 After the dressing is chilled, pour over the vegetables and stir together. Optional: If making as a side dish, stir in Tortilla Strips (preferably tri-colored) before serving. Enjoy!